Monday, September 22

Wow! Autumn!

Whether I'm walking along the Seguin Trail, or winding my way through our own network of trails, or even driving to town on errands, I find myself looking upwards in wonderment of all the colours. And all I can say is "Wow".

Autumn is indeed here again, painting the Almaguin Highlands from a spectacular palette of crimson, orange and gold. Jim and I went for a walk through our trails and over and up to the little lake this afternoon, our feet shuffling and rustling the leaves that have already fallen, the earthy smell of autumn rising up from the trail.

The lake is ringed with mixed-forest hills that look like giant bouquets now. I tried taking photos but I won't post any of the lake because they just don't do it justice. It has to be seen in person to be appreciated.

But along the trails, and especially along the Seguin which is wide and open for the sun to work its magic, the maples pose prettily for the camera.













Some of our weekends have already booked up here at Fern Glen Inn, but we still have rooms available for the Thanksgiving long weekend and many options available for mid-week getaways. We invite you to come experience the Wow season!








Delicious autumn! My very soul is wedded to it, and if I were a bird I would fly about the earth seeking the successive autumns.
- George Eliot

No comments: